What is Triple Cartilage Piercing?
Multiple cartilage piercing or triple helix piercing is spreading like wildfire amongst everyone who has a passion towards piercing and those who like to flaunt a unique style. It is a different and creative modification which involves perforating any part of the ear cartilage.
Ear cartilage piercing is quite painful. It does hurt when one undergoes the piercing. The ear might become sore and red for a couple of days which is common. It might take around two weeks to a month for the piercing to heal completely.
Great caution is important when cleaning the pierced area and taking care of it later. Some common tips to do so are:
- Wash your hand thoroughly before cleaning or even touching the pierced area
- Saline soaks for 5 to 10 minutes per day using cotton. SALINE FOR CONTACT LENSES SHOULD NOT BE USED AS PIERCING AFTERCARE
- If suggested by your piercer one could clean the pierced area using soap. Gently lather around the piercing and rinse as needed
- Avoid changing jewelry during the healing period
- Don’t sleep on the side of the piercing area
Most infections and complications can be avoided if the basic precautions and aftercare are adopted.
There is a wide range of jewelry available and all are unique in nature and of a different price range. Ranging from ball closures to barbells, there are a number of options to choose from.